WhatsApp is the leading social media application on both android and IOS and the WhatsApp status is one of the most used feature of WhatsApp. In this tutorial I am going to tell you – How to download WhatsApp status – Videos and Photos.
Sometimes, if someone has uploaded a very interesting status on WhatsApp and you want to download it without asking them to send you, then read this article completely to know the different ways to download WhatsApp status. I will also tell some best WhatsApp status downloading apps.
Quick Tip: If the status that you want to download is a normal picture, then take a screenshot of that by pausing the status to download WhatsApp status photo. To pause the WhatsApp status, just long-press on your smartphone screen.
Steps to download WhatsApp status in Gallary
To download the status that you want, you have to completely watch that status once. After watching that follow the given steps to download that WhatsApp status.
- Open settings and search for WhatsApp folder, then open it.
2. In that folder, you will find an another folder named ‘Media‘. Now, Open that folder.
3. Now click on the three dots on the top right or left corner of your smartphone screen.
4. After clicking on three dots, open settings.
5. In the settings, you will find an option of ‘show hidden files‘. By default it is turned off, so turn it on.
6. Now if you go back to the Media folder, you can see a new folder named ‘.statuses‘.
7. In that folder you will find all the statuses of your contacts that you have watched.
8. To download these statuses, long press on that status video or photo that you want to download.
9. Now move that video into another folder of your device (example: Downloads)
10. After following all these steps, you can see that the status that you have moved is now appearing in your smartphone gallery.
You can also create a dedicated folder to svae statuses on your smartphone to move all the statuses in that folder.
- To create a new folder, click on the three dots on the top rignt corner.
2. Then click on create folder.
3. Now choose a name for that folder. I suggest you to name it WhatsApp status so that is is easy to find.
4. Now just move the video or photo from .statuses folder to WhatsApp status folder to save WhatsApp status in gallary.
5. To download another statuses, just repeat this process.
Also see: Top 10 Best Android launchers
Best WhatsApp status downloading apps
1. Sharechat – Make friend, WhatsApp status / Videos
Sharechat is one of the best social media app which is becoming very popular on Google play Store. There are different categories in this app and one of them is Sharechat trends. In this category you will find trending topics. You can easily make a Sharechat account with your contact number. In this app people upload short status videos and you can download them or directly share that video on WhatsApp.
This app has more than 100 million downloads and 4.3 ratings on Google Play Store. You can use this app in 14 different Indian languages which includes Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Malayalam, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Odia, Bhojpuri, Assamese, Rajasthani, Haryanvi & Urdu.
2. Status Saver
Status saver is a status downloading app made by LaZy GeNiOuZ InC. You can download both videos and photos in this status downloading app. Staus saver app has more than 50 million downloads and 4.4 ratings on Google Play Store. You can also download business status in Status saver app. To save WhatsApp status you just need to follow the given steps
- Check the Desired Status/Story.
2. Open Status Saver, Click on any Image or Video to View…
3. Click the Save Button.
3. Welike – Status download, Video Share
The 4th app in our list of WhatsApp status downloading app is Welike. This app is available in 15 Indian languages including Hindi, Bangla, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujrati, Malayalam, Odia, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Haryanvi, Rajasthani, Assamese, and last but not least English.
Like the Sharechat app, this app also has different status categories. You can create your own stickers and share them on WhatsApp. You can upload short video clips in Welike application. The size of this app is very low (only 13MB).
4. Status saver for WhatsApp
It is clear from the name that this is a status saver app for WhatsApp. This app is made by Story Saver Utility. Story Saver application lets you download images, GIF, Video status of Whatsapp and it also allows you to share and repost status from app to your friend. This status downloading app has 5 Million+ downloads on Google play Store. To download WhatsApp status, just follow the given steps:
- Watch the story or status in whatsapp.
2. Open status saver App, Click on image or video to view in full screen.
3. Click the Download to save whatsapp story image/video.
4. You can share and repost also your friends whatsapp story image/video.
5. The status will automatically get saved in your mobile phone gallery.
So thats it. Now let me know which app is your favorite from the above mentioned apps. Mine favorite is Sharechat. If you find this post informative, please don’t forget to share this trick with your friends and relatives. If you are getting any error in downloading WhatsApp status, just comment below and I will help you as soon as possible.
Latest Tech News
Vivo X60 Pro leaked in live images
Vivo is getting ready for the launch of the X60 series in China. This flagship smartphone series from Vivo is...
Tecno Pova Launched: Price in India and Specifications
Tecno Pova has been launched in India as the first gaming-centric smartphone from the Tecno. The phone offers multilayer graphite along...
Infinix Zero 8i Launched: Price in India and Specifications
Infinix Zero 8i has been launched in India as the latest mid-range smartphone by Infinix. The smartphone comes with a...
Vivo V20 Pro Launched: Price in India and Specifications
Vivo V20 Pro has been launched in India. This flagship Vivo phone was launched in Thailand in September and is...
Samsung Galaxy M02 soon launching in India
Samsung Galaxy M02 has appeared on the Samsung India website just days after its benchmark listing. This Galaxy M-series phone...
iPhone 12 Pro Max Review with Pros and Cons
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is the biggest iPhone ever at 6.7 inches but it’s not just a super sized...
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Review with Pros and Cons
Huawei’s latest flagship phone, the Mate 40 Pro has been announced. So what cool new features does it have? Let’s...
Poco X3 Unboxing and Hands-on
Poco has launched the Poco X3 in Indian and it bring some upgrades as well as downgrades when compared to...
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review
This is my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review after around one and a half months. Note 20 Ultra is...
Samsung Galaxy M51 Review with Pros and Cons
Today I will be reviewing the Samsung’s battery best, the Samsung Galaxy M51 which is similar to the recently launched...